Now I don't know if you know this about me, but I love me some nachos. I also love me some turkey. So why not smash the two together in a delicious meal? The joke in my house is that we call the salsa con queso dip "monkey nanners" because when I was young the Rugrats movie came out and the little brother dyl likes to eat the banana baby food, which they call 'monkey nanners'. My little brother picked up on this, realizing that the queso and baby food containers looked eerily similar. It has been somewhat of a task to explain what monkey nanners are to my in-laws, they usually laugh so hard everytime I say it that I usually end up just saying queso dip. However, I will always call it monkey nanners in my parents house, and I'm sure I will raise my kids to do the same.
1 lb. ground turkey (93% lean)
1 package taco seasoning, or 1 cup salsa
tostitos light tortilla chips
shredded sharp cheddar cheese (I use Tilamook)
2 cans refried beans (or black beans if you are trying to be healthy)
1/2 diced onion
1 jar tostitos salsa con queso
guacamole
shredded lettuce
tomato
sliced olives
salsa
Preheat oven at 250 degrees. Brown ground turkey; drain. Add seasoning mix and 3/4 cup of water (if using salsa add no water). Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover the bottom of a 9 x 11 pan with light tortilla chips. Sprinkle the browned ground turkey over the chips. Layer the beans over the turkey and the cheese over the beans. Put the nachos in the oven long enough to melt the cheese (appx. 10 minutes). Serve with lettuce, tomato, olives, onions, guacamole, salsa and enjoy!
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment